We Can Help You Make Sure No. 1 Is Ready
OK, sun lovers! You asked for it and Mother Nature has delivered! July is an ideal month to soak up the sun! But with the July sun often comes unbearable heat. So, we’re sharing some popular spots in Bastrop where you can have fun and stay cool.
- Your home: That’s right! Your home is probably one of your favorite places to escape the heat. Even if you don’t have a swimming pool, there are plenty of ways to stay cool and have fun at home. Binge watch your favorite movies or shows. Curl up with a great book. Play board games or card games. Spend time on knitting, painting or another hobby. The possibilities are endless. Want to make sure your home stays as cool as can be? Our HVAC preventive maintenance is your best bet.
- Bastrop State Park: This place is a treasure trove of fun. Take a dip in the swimming pool. Find a shady spot to fish or picnic. Stay overnight in a comfy cabin or pitch your own tent at one of several campsites.
- Fisherman’s Park: Located along the Lower Colorado River, this park features two covered pavilions, picnic tables, barbecue pits, a playground, swings, kiddie splash pad, nature trail, fishing pier, boat dock and courts of sand volleyball, basketball and tennis.
- Lake Bastrop North Shore Park and South Shore Park: This 900-acre lake includes roped-off areas for swimming as well as shady picnic spots. If you want to venture out on the water, you can bring your own boat or rent one.
- RC’s Playhouse: This 2,400-square-foot indoor playground for kids 12 and under includes a mini roller coaster, zipline, giant crawl bubble, slides, games, puzzles and more. Daily, monthly and yearly passes are available.
- Bastrop Museum and Visitor Center: Escape the heat by slipping inside this cool museum. It houses exhibits that showcase the 200-plus years of Bastrop history. Plus, your kids (and you) can set off on history-themed scavenger hunts.
- Film Alley Bastrop: This great indoor space includes eight movie theaters, 16 bowling lanes, four pool tables, more than 50 arcade games and plenty of good food and drinks.
- Bastrop Skating Palace: Enjoy an afternoon of old-fashioned fun by strapping on a pair of roller skates. This family-friendly venue also features music and games. Be prepared, though. It’s cash only.
We hope you discover plenty of great ways to escape the summer heat. At Blue Ribbon, we will do everything within our power to make your home as cool and comfy as possible to enjoy this summer. To keep your home feeling perfect year-round, consider signing up for the Blue Ribbon Champion Plan, our incredible HVAC maintenance plan. To sign up or to schedule service, call us at 512.866.9161 or contact us through the convenient form on our website.