Wrangling Up Cozy Heat for Bastrop, TX, Residents Since 1980
As Texans, we don’t experience many blizzards, ice storms or even below zero temperatures. However, we still tend to get a shiver down our spines during the chillier months. It’s during these cold spells when we turn to our trusty furnaces for warmth and contentment. But what happens when your furnace starts acting up and you don’t feel that snuggly relief?
First, don’t panic. There are signs that point to the need for furnace repair. You just need to pay attention!
Careful & Fair Furnace Repair in Hays County & Nearby
There are many reasons your furnace may suddenly turn your cozy Bastrop, TX, home into a heat-challenged space. Simple wear and tear, age and ignoring regular maintenance are just a few reasons. The truth is that no heating system is immune to a repair every now and then. Fortunately, most of the common furnace issues we see are quite fixable. But how can you be certain if you need a quick fix?
Easy. Here are nine signs that signal your furnace is on the fritz:
- Odd smells coming from your vents
- Strange noises
- Vents blowing cold air, not warm
- Consistent breakdowns
- Increase in utility bills
- Thermostat not reporting correct temps
- Older model (over 15 years old)
- Water pooling underneath unit
- Frequent cycling or shutdowns
Do any of these issues sound familiar? If so, now would be a good time to call the pros at Blue Ribbon. Our licensed and top-notch experts can repair all makes and models of furnaces.
Most Common Furnace Repairs: Is Your Issue on This List?
Being in business since 1980, we come across the same issues when furnaces start to fail. And while we love responding to service calls and helping customers, there are a few checks you can do yourself before calling us.
Check these five things before picking up the phone for a furnace repair appointment in your Caldwell County or nearby home.
- Dirty air filters. Dirty filters cause your system to work overtime and can lead to breakdowns. Simply change them.
- Circuit breakers. It’s possible your circuit breakers have tripped, causing heating issues.
- Pilot light. Is your pilot light lit? Take a peek.
- Poorly functioning thermostat. Check that your thermostat is calibrated properly and that your batteries still work.
- Blower motor. You want to see steady green or blinking lights. If you don’t, you could be getting an error code.
Request Furnace Repair Service in Hays County & Beyond
Blue Ribbon always wants to be nearby when your heating—or cooling—needs to be rescued. So, next time your furnace sends you a signal that it could use a little TLC, feel free to call our team of pros. We offer a wide range of heating solutions, including furnace maintenance, furnace replacement and installation, and, of course, pristine furnace repair, too.