Is Your AC Ready for the Hotter Seasons Ahead?
Are you sick and tired of this winter’s colder weather? If so, we have some great news for you. We’re in the home stretch. February is the final month of chillier temperatures in the Bastrop area.
The average low will climb from 44 degrees in February to 61 degrees in March. And the average high will jump from 66 degrees this month to 74 degrees next month. Aaahhh! Are you ready? And, more importantly, is your air conditioner ready? Because your AC’s busy season starts in March and won’t end until late September.
Here are 7 reasons to schedule an AC tune-up today:
- You’ll increase your AC’s efficiency. Clogged filters. A leaky condensate line. Mold growth. Excess dust and dirt. At Blue Ribbon, our technicians are trained to look for these problems and others during our thorough pre-season air conditioning inspections and tune-ups. We’ll make any necessary adjustments so your system operates smoothly and reliably throughout the summer season.
- You’ll lower the risk of a breakdown. You don’t want your AC system to break down in the middle of the summer season. Contractors are busier during the warmer months. Parts are harder to find. And it can take longer for a new system to arrive after it’s ordered. A tune-up now will help prevent these types of problems down the road.
- You could experience improved indoor air. Adding a new filter, removing pollen, dust and mildew as well as making certain adjustments could result in cleaner, less humid indoor air.
- You’ll prevent costly repairs down the line. During our pre-season tune-ups, we often identify (and fix) small problems before they spiral out of control into larger, more expensive issues. (We’ll always get your approval first before making any repairs.)
- You’ll help your system last longer. When you take good care of your vehicle, it lasts longer. The same is true for your AC (or heating) system. Plus, regular maintenance helps keep your warranty valid.
- You’ll make scheduling easier. The busiest seasons for HVAC contractors are summer and winter. If you schedule your tune-up during the spring for your AC and the fall for your heater, your contractor should have more open slots so you can choose a day and time that works with your schedule.
- You’ll make your home safer. A well-maintained cooling or heating system is a safer system. We’ll remove or make you aware of items that can make your system less safe, such as dirt, dust, pests or other materials that can cause electrical outages. We’ll also look for plants, weeds or shrubbery that can grow too close to your outside unit and adversely affect its efficiency.
Some customers ask us if regular tune-ups are worth it or just a way for us to make money. Let us assure you these tune-ups are invaluable. Don’t believe us? Just ask the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and its Energy Star program. The EPA and Energy Star highly recommend regular tune-ups for homeowners to save energy and improve their indoor air quality.
Would you like to schedule your pre-season tune-up? We’ll even check your AC freon. Use our convenient form or call us at 512.308.3515 to get ahead of the game today.